Thursday, September 2, 2010

In store... old indigo

This week I've been ironing up more antique  indigo cotton and I'm in the process of pricing it and putting it out in the shop at the moment.  These  are mostly lovely old katazome and kasuri pieces that have come from clothing and futon covers. (The futon covers fabrics often take a very long time to iron because even if they've been well-washed they always have bits of old cotton wadding stuck to them!). These are mostly from the  late 19th - early 20th century but I'm  putting out some more of the newer (1950's  - 1970's?) kasuri as well. Here are some of the older pieces....


Quite a lot of the old indigo comes to us in less than perfect condition so today I'm making up one big basket of all the old faded, holey and patched pieces.... it should be a real treat for those of you (like me) who  love  the character of textiles that have already had a long full life...


No comments:

Post a Comment